VOLUNTEERING – YOU CAN DO IT
Volunteering as a firefighter is a good way to give back to your community, provide a needed service and help open doors for possible employment. Nehalem Bay Fire & Rescue District relies heavily on a strong volunteer force to provide fire, medical and rescue services to the citizens and visitors of Manzanita, Nehalem, Wheeler and the rural surrounding areas.
As a Volunteer there is many aspects of firefighting, emergency medical care, and special rescue which you may be part of.
WHO CAN APPLY?
You can apply to become a Volunteer if you:
- Are at least 18 years old (16 years for the Firefighter Cadet program).
- Are in good physical condition.
- Have a strong desire to help in your community.
- Have a valid Oregon Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Live within the Fire District boundaries.
- Have no felony convictions.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO?
As a Volunteer Firefighter, your activities will include responding to calls such as:
- Structure Fires
- Wild land Fires
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Emergency Medical Response
- Technical Rescue (rope and water rescue)
As a Volunteer Firefighter, you will be expected to attend weekly drills, occasional classes, and respond to calls. The Fire District averages 60 emergency responses per month.
O.K. WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT?
There are many benefits to becoming a Volunteer Firefighter which include:
- Receive professional level training
- Life Insurance
- $7.50 Stipend for every call/drill attended.
- Use of the District’s Physical Fitness room for you and your significant other
- Camaraderie and team building
If you have interest in becoming a Volunteer Firefighter – Please contact: us at the district office, 36375 Hwy 101 N. Nehalem, OR 97131 or call 503-368-7590 or email at email@example.com .
Nehalem Bay Fire & Rescue District Application: NBF&R Application
Current Burn Restrictions
OPEN BURNING IS ALLOWED
with a valid permit.